JOIN AND SEARCH SWAGBUCKS

HOLIDAY SEASON IS UPON US





Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

I tried out SMARTI PANTS and now I am a Smarti Mama

The first time I ever used cloth diapers was when my 9 1/2 y/o was a baby. She broke out in a terrible rash from sposies so I thought I better do something to save my poor baby's behind! Even back then, it was a lot different then what our grandmas used....but boy has it come a whole lot further now!

Back in 2002 (hahaha that sounds so funny, like I'm writing with this wealth of knowledge) I ordered some DSQ (diaper service quality) CPF (chinese prefolds) and some bummis covers! No longer was the days of pins and plastic pants! All I had to do was fold a CPF into thirds, place it in a cover and velcro it around her tushie!

Now I have a 2 y/o and a 1 y/o and I love to CD (cloth diaper)! But in these "modern ages" it is so easy to CD and you have so so so many options. I will have to save all the options and lingo for another post...that will take forever!

For the past 2 years I've used pockets for the most part! A pocket is a diaper that has a PUL outer and some sort of inner that is safe to be against baby's bum, usually suede cloth or micro fleece. Then there is an opening that you "stuff" the diaper with. Many options to stuff with also. Anyways...My hubby and I were pretty partial to a specific diaper and I loved them. But, recently, one of my wonderful Diaper Swappers mamas told me about SMARTI PANTS. They have been in production for a little over a year now AND they are made right here in the USA!!! (WOOT WOOT) I ordered a "special edition" 3 pack of green apple and was so excited for them to come.

When my "fluff mail" (CD) arrived I immediately tried them on my babies. Now let me tell you an important piece of info...my 2 y/o is a total chunky meat head~big all around with a bubba belly (similar to a mans beer belly) and my 1 y/o is long and slender with very tiny pixi like features! Smarti Pants are a ONE SIZE diaper that fits from 7 lbs-35 lbs (birth -potty training)and are similar to a pocket, but it is considered a "sleeve" diaper because the pocket you stuff is open on both ends which allows you to make sure the insert is in perfectly! I was very impressed that I was able to get a great fit on both babies! These diapers are snap closures, so no worries about pilling or washing machine snakes. There are 2 columns of snaps in the front to adjust the rise and the closures allow you to overlap snap for even the tiniest of waists! Each diaper comes with a MF (micro fiber) insert that was able to hold my super soaker son through his nap with no leaks! I also loved the bright color! Smarti Pants is doing a special edition 3 pack colors that started in August! The first release was Hot Chocolate for August and Green Apple for September! We Smarti Parents are so anxiously awaiting the release for OCTOBER!!! We are hoping it is a 3 color pack!

When I washed these, it was the simplest CD I have EVER washed! There is no need to pull out the insert (like every other pocket diaper)! All you do is unsnap the rise settings and toss it in the wash. The insert works itself out during the wash cycle and both the diapers and inserts came out nice and clean! I have a front loader and had no problems! I prefer to dry my inserts in the dryer, but line dry my diapers! They dried very quickly!

I have to give Smarti Pants an overall A...in style, performance, ease of use, quality, value and fit! I'm so glad I was encouraged to try this diaper! You can not beat the price or quality of this diaper! All my mamas out there....give CDs a try and be sure to try Smarti Pants!!! I would love to be able to encourage all the teenage moms, moms out of work, single moms, every mom to use cloth diapers. I really wish I could donate some diaper stashes to mamas in need to help them out, spread the word of CDs and save some waste that is destroying our Earth!

Stop by http://WWW.smartipants.com to check out their complete line!

IMAG0207
Keeley 1 & Landon 2 September 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment