JOIN AND SEARCH SWAGBUCKS

HOLIDAY SEASON IS UPON US





Search This Blog

Saturday, March 13, 2010

I know this economy sucks, but really people?????

     Mom 2 Mom sale was pretty good. I made some extra $$ to contribute to my family (in reality this means to buy things I want  "NEED"!). I got there at about 8:00 this morning with my 9 y/o daughter (Jaden) and my 7 mo. old daughter (Keeley) in tow! Jaden helped me with the finishing touches and Keeley sat wide eye in her car seat watching the last minute chaos.

     The doors opened to the public at 8:30 and people started to dwindle in at first, then we got the early morning rush. I realize that the state of our economy is terrible and everyone is trying to do what they can to make or save a buck, but some people are just crazy!!! I have 6 kids, so needless to say, I have a lot of clothes, toys, shoes and everything in between. I really try to limit my kids clothes so my laundry mountain is not to overwhelming ~ reality is my kids have enough clothes to change outfits everyday for about a month without me doing laundry. With that being said, their clothes don't get much use or abuse because they have so much and ultimately end up throwing on their favorite clothes. Majority of their clothes come from Gymboree, Gap, Carters, Old Navy, Childrens Place, Justice, Aeropostale, Hollister, American Eagle, Hot Topic, PacSun ect ect ect... I always try to price my clothes at a decent price so that I can replace my kids clothes with new sizes.

     Just to give you an idea of my prices, here are some examples ~ jeans -$3.00. shirts- $2.00, shorts-$2.00, hoodies $5.00. I had people complain that these prices were too high and try to get me to accept anywhere from $0.50 - $1.00 for things like a Gymbo sweater or a brand new Aero hoodie with tags!!! REALLY! When I would politely say "no" to their offer they would get upset and some would make comments! I felt like posting a sign saying if you don't like my prices, please feel free to go to the mall to pay full price!!! None of the items had stains, holes, or signs of wear/tear! I need to replace the empty spaces on my 6 kids shelves in the family closet!

    Alright, rant over! I know it is just the sign of the economy... but I don't think I'm the only one with struggles and everyone else can afford to take a loss! I have no problem cutting a deal, especially if they are buying a lot! Oh well, I cleared out some space in my house and made a little money! Bonus~ both girls were very good! Glad its over = )

  

No comments:

Post a Comment