JOIN AND SEARCH SWAGBUCKS

HOLIDAY SEASON IS UPON US





Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

When Did You Realize You Were OLD?!?!?

 I never really felt old until recently. In my head I had always seen myself as I was in my late teens or early twenty-something. When I started my job as a RN I was one of the younger nurses. I wear current styles of clothes and hair and still play pranks and act just as silly as my kids at times. I can remember when my oldest daughter, now 13 1/2 y/o, was younger and I would help pick out her clothes or show her fun stuff to do on the computer. I thought I was the "cool mom"! Well now, with 5 additional kids in tow, it has just dawned on me that the reflection in the mirror does not match the image in my head. I have to go ask my daughter what is "instyle" now. I ask for her opinion on clothes, hair and makeup. She shows me how to do things on the computer now! I'm the senior staff at work... The "you're so old" kind of joke smacked me in the face a couple of weeks ago when I found 2 strands of grey hair on my head. What happened to me? Even the image in my head has aged since the discovery of grey hair. When did I turn into this "Mother" image that is now residing in my head and where did the cool young mom go? If anyone finds her, please tell her I miss her and would love to have her back living in my head ~ rent free! My oldest daughter looks like she could be a lilttle sister to me and my 2 youngest babies look like they could be my grandkids...lol! In the mean time...post about when you realized that you are old now. I need some old age comic relief!
Thanks

1 comment:

  1. Oh come on daughter. Grey hair, creeky bones, a few wrinkles, even a little more fat and best of all with an older mind I can forget it all (I say with a smile on my face)...lol
    Too bad you feel so OLD, cause I still feel like a kid.
    "What were we talking about" I forgot!
    Oh yeah, how old you are....lol

    ReplyDelete