JOIN AND SEARCH SWAGBUCKS

HOLIDAY SEASON IS UPON US





Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

So More on Baby Gear. . .

For any Mamas out there that have 2 kids close in age, I need your help and opinion. Today my hubby and I took our two youngest (21 mo. & 7 mo.) to the Ann Arbor Hands On Kids Museum (Ann Arbor, MI). We have been going there for years and have just as much, if not more, fun everytime we go. We parked in the structure a block down and unloaded our extremely heavy tandem double stroller. I am not going to reveal what kind it was right now because I intend on doing some research and trying a different kind and posting some very helpful reviews for mamas. This is definitely an "If I only knew now..." time. We put the babies into the stroller and headed down the elevator and down the street. Once I got moving, the stroller is not too hard to push or make gradual maneuvers, but once you come to a stop....well you have to start all over! Inside the museum was a whole new set of challenges. The elevators are not too small, but still it was hard for me to get my super long tandem into and especially out of. The first and second floor was not so bad to move it around, but when we hit the third and fourth floor, we could not move more then a foot or so from the elevator. Boy how I envied the moms with a little umbrella stroller just whipping around like no big deal. I realize that I need different strollers for different reason or occasions, and as far as a double stroller, there really is no small version to weave in and out with grace.

I knew within the first month of my daughter being born that this double stroller was not the one for me, but I keep trying to love it! My hubby already thinks my baby gear addiction is beyond help! Another problem is at the mall! I was always so certain that I would not want a side by side, but now I am very open to the idea. I can not turn my tandem around the clothes racks inside the stores. I bump into everything, often knocking things over. I wonder what people around me think, "boy that lady probably has to drink just to keep her sanity", when all 6 kids are with me! Or, "Look at that lady with the 2 babies, I hear prescription drug addiction is a real problem these days".  Ok, all jokes aside, I would like to find a double stroller that is maybe not so heavy, must be able to turn on a dime, fit through doorways, both seats recline, can be used with one infant carseat, easy to fold/unfold, and it must look cool ofcourse! Tell me what double stroller you have and what you like best and what you dislike the most about it!
Also if you live in the area or ever visit the Metro Detroit area, please go and visit the Kids Museum in Ann Arbor! Fun for all ages!

No comments:

Post a Comment